UTAH STATE ROLLER CLUB
ANNUAL CALENDER OF EVENTS 2016
Annual club business meeting: Held on the 3rd Saturday in January.
Spring fly competitions: Each division in the USRC shall hold 3 (20) bird competitions between the months of January and May.
*These competitions should use the NBRC and World Cup rules.
*Each competitor shall contribute $5 for each kit he/she enters in each competition. Entry fees shall be given to the club treasurer and shall be used to purchase awards which will be distributed at the annual business meeting.
*Division spring champions shall receive one plaque if the division has an average of at least 3 or 4 competitors, in each of the 3 competitions. Divisions that have an average of 5 to 9 competitors shall receive two plaques for 1st and 2nd place finishers. Divisions that more than an average of 9 competitors in each fly shall receive 3 plaques.
3. World Cup Regional competition: will be held each spring about the last week of April and the first week of May. Entry fees are $35 for the first kit entered and $25 for the second kit entered. Each competitor can enter a maximum of 2 kits. For each 15 kits that are entered in our region, we get one entry in the final competition. $20 of the entry fee goes to the World Cup and the balance of the entry fee helps to pay for the region expenses, such as transportation of the judge.
4. World Cup Finals: are usually judged about the middle of May.
5. Utah State Championship competition: is held on the 2nd and 3rd weekends of June. Qualifiers for the state championship must finish at the top of their respective division competition held in the spring. (See those that receive plaques in item 2 above).
6. Summer bar-b-q and get-together: is held in the month of July or August. Besides having some good food to eat, we normally have an auction and some sort of display of rollers.
7. Fall fly competitions: are held between the months of September and November. Each division shall schedule 3 competitions during the fall. One fly shall be a 20 bird competition, one fly shall be an 11 bird competition, and one fly shall be an individual bird competition. Top qualifiers of the individual bird competition shall qualify for the Utah State Individual Bird Championship. Divisions should use the NBRC 20 and 11 bird rules for those competitions.
8. State individual bird competition: shall be held on the Thanksgiving weekend, Friday and Saturday.
9. NBRC National Championship Regional Competition: shall be held the second or third week of October. Entry fees shall be $35 for the first kit entered and $25 for a second kit entered. The NBRC NCF is actually 2 competitions. One competition is for 20 bird kits and the second competition is for 11 bird kits. Competitors must be members of the NBRC to compete. Competitors may enter 2 twenty bird kits, or 2 eleven bird kits, or one kit of each. Our region gets one finalist for each 10 kits entered in each classification.
10. NBRC National Championship Finals: our region usually flies the first week of November.
I hope this helps new members of the club to have a better understanding of what the USRC is all about. While it is a competition oriented club anyone who is interested in rollers is welcome. Club dues are $10 per year. You must be a club member to compete in the division and club flies. You must be a club member to purchase club bands. You do not have to be a member to participate in the World Cup or NBRC NCF. You do have to be a member of the NBRC to participate in their competition.