Utah State Roller Club

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Trigger Feeds

Kyle McArthur
Administrator

What is everyone’s experience with certain feeds triggering certain  kit behaviors. In the last 3 years I have fed varieties of feeds cut with red wheat to see the effects of them with my families of birds. A dear friend of mine tried something this spring that had amazing results on his usually fast and high flying kits . I have had decent luck with my different concoctions and mixtures. Some nearly identical to his mixture. All I can say is I was gonna cull 2 kits after 3 months of making me almost take up cross stitching just to add some action to my afternoons. I tried his mixture starting last Saturday and by Monday you wouldn’t know these were the same kits. The last 6 days has been very satisfying under these kits 

October 7, 2018 at 12:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brandon Barnes
in years past I could always bring them down on wheat and give them a little milo, this winter I cant figure them out, whats the mixture your using? is it still working now?
February 14, 2019 at 12:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hunter Siggard

Brandon,

I have started using more Barley.  I feel like it is a good mix between wheat and milo.  If makes them fly higher as wheat does but I feel like the slow down as they do when they are on Milo.  

--

HWS Loft

801-592-2534

hwsbirds.webs.com

February 19, 2019 at 10:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hunter Siggard

Kyle,  What was the mix your friend was using that worked so well?

--

HWS Loft

801-592-2534

hwsbirds.webs.com

February 19, 2019 at 10:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kyle McArthur
Administrator

Sorry I haven’t been on this site in awhile. The mix was wheat land pigeon mix, milo. Fly them down for 2 weeks or so, then by 2 days out from the fly they are only staying up for 10 minutes or so. Last feed on Thursday is straight pigeon mix. Fly day is Saturday. 

July 8, 2019 at 7:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.